Imagining a lavish wedding and wondering how to budget?
Spreadsheet123's Wedding Budget calculator can help you to maintain your spending within a manageable budget for your wedding. You may want to spend on things like wedding gown, garments, cake, flowers, venue, menu, photo, etc. and list goes on and on. It is really important to plan a memorable wedding within your budget.
The calculator allows you to allocate a budget for each spending head and maintains a record of the actual amount and the estimated amount that actually was used. The variance from budgeted cost is calculated for you to have a control over everything. It calculates the amount of funds we might need to arrange. Wedding budget is an easy to use template, it can help you plan and organize a modest yet plush event.
Wedding Budget Calculatorfor Excel® 2003+
How to Use Wedding Budget Calculator
As a couple start preparing for wedding months in advance. Prepare the lists of guests, gifts, decorations, venues, makeup, gifts, etc. Wedding Planner template has 14 sheets that will enable you to sort the expenses into various sub-heads. It allows allocating more budget for an event and cut budget for the others.
Wedding Budget is a two page template that records all expenses that are to be incurred in a wedding and the budget available for the same. The category wise breakage of each expenses type helps to analyze more rationally. Before planning a wedding we need to be clear about the net funds available. Template stores the net amount of Contribution that you wish to spend for the event; and the actual amount that you have already allocated and balance amount. Estimated expense and Actual Expense Summary clearly indicates the Variance that is automatically calculated for you understand the overall expenditure is within control.
Wedding budget page displays the actual expense, estimated expense and variance for each category in a tabular manner. The various categories that the spending is calculated are:
- Apparel: a lot of budget is required for the grooming which includes dresses of the bride, parents, groom, page boys, etc. In addition to this, other expense like jewellery, accessories, etc. should also be taken into account.
- Transportation: all kind of transportation services that would be required on the wedding day have to be clearly defined right from the main car to the guest cars, parking fee, taxis, etc.
- Flowers: Flowers are an integral part of wedding arrangement this includes decorations for each occasion, designer bouquets for the bride, corsages for ladies, boutonniere for the groom, buttonholes for the gentlemen, church decorations, etc. a considerable budget is required for this category.
- Gifts: if gifts are required to be distributed then a decent budget is required for the same.
- Stationery & Printing: estimates budget that would be required for publishing invitations, napkins, stamps, menus, table plan frame & photos, etc.
- Music: Any wedding event would be incomplete without music. Allocate budget for the DJ, Musicians, etc.
- Decorations: each event needs to be decorated keeping in mind a different decor. Budget is estimated for candlelight's, balloons, lighting, etc.
- Photography: a photographer needs to be hired well in advance and the budget is required to be allocated for various, albums, video tapes, parent's album, Polaroid camera & film, etc.
- Reception: food & drinks served at the breakfast and reception also need to be allocated a budget. Marquee is also required to be paid.
- Other Expenses: weddings come with so many unplanned expenses. It is really important to keep some budget to handle such situations.
The Estimator page of the spreadsheet helps to manually or auto-allocate a budget for each category. In the auto-allocation option, the amount that can be spent on each category is automatically calculated based on the entries done in Wedding Budget Sheet. Whereas in the manual mode enter the percentage share of budget that each category can spend.
We recommend you not to change or delete the pre-defined formulas of the template. By doing so the entire template would get altered as the various fields have interconnected formulas and the results in such a scenario would be doubtful.
Function used in template
- SUM(number1, [number2], [number3], [number4], ...)
- IF(logical_test, value_if_true, [value_if_false])