How budgeting helps in managing the big spend for that perfect wedding?
When it come to wedding planning, emotion and money never really work in parallel. Know your budget and plan well in advance to eliminate any surprises. We have created a Wedding Budget Planner template that helps you in planning a perfect budget for your wedding. It simply breaks all the expenses under different categories and you can judiciously allocate and manage funds for each. Whether you are planning a splashy affair or a more decent one budgeting plays a key role. It enables you to control your expenses.
You really need to understand the amount that needs to be set aside for flower decorations and for dress or gifts. It is a long list of expenses that has to be incurred. The template breaks the varied cost under different categories and summarizes the net cost available and the amount that is still required. It manages and customizes the spending. Wedding is a lifetime affair and you want to spend lavishly however if you may want to fix a more realistic and affordable budget for each category the use this template.
Fund allocation for every event helps you to analyze and summarize the entire budgeting process for a wedding. Wedding budget planner assures us that the celebrations would not be compromised and can still have a dream wedding.
Wedding Budget Plannerfor Excel® 2003+
Using Wedding Budget Planner Template
As a couple start preparing for wedding months in advance. Prepare the lists of guests, gifts, decorations, venues, makeup, gifts, etc. Wedding Planner template has 14 sheets that will enable you to sort the expenses into various sub-heads. It allows allocating more budget for an event and cut budget for the others.
Wedding Budget Summary is the first sheet of the spreadsheet displays the Date of the Wedding, Date the planner was last updated, Number of Guests and Days to go. If the date of wedding has already passed then the number of days field displays the message "Congratulations" otherwise the total number of days remaining for the wedding day is displayed. The Expenses table gives an idea of the estimated cost, actual cost, amount to be paid to date and amount left to pay. A graphical view of the expenses is also available in form of a pie chart. Contributions received from different sources can also be recorded. All the pages of the template display links to other pages of the spreadsheet for ease of use. Here is the list of 14 sheets:
- Contribution: stores the details of the amount of money contributed by relatives and friends along with their names
- Budget Estimator: used for auto-allocation or manual allocation of the budget for different spending. Allocate the net estimated budget that is marked as 100%. If the auto-allocation mode has been selected for estimation then the template automatically allocates a budget for each category simply by adding percentage share of budget under each category.
- Stationery: estimates budget that would be required for publishing invitations, napkins, stamps, menus, table plan frame & photos, etc.
- Attire: a lot of budget is required for the grooming and dresses of the bride, parents, groom, page boys, etc. Other additional expense like jewellery, accessories, etc. all need to be taken in account.
- Ceremony: Plan for Church fee, choir, banns certificate, etc also required to be paid, it is very important to allocate budget for the same.
- Reception: Food & drinks served at the breakfast and reception also need to be allocated a budget. Marquee is also required to be paid.
- Transport: Clearly define all kind of transportation services that would be required on the wedding day, right from the main car to the guest cars, parking fee, taxis, etc.
- Photos & Videos: Hire a photographer well in advance and allocate the budget for albums, video tapes, parent's album, Polaroid camera & film, etc.
- Flowers: Flowers are an integral part of every celebration as wedding is the most floral affair. There is a flower arrangement for each occasion, designer bouquets for the bride, corsages for ladies, boutonniere for the groom, buttonholes for the gentlemen, church decorations, etc. a hefty budget is required for this category, so plan for that.
- Gifts: A decent budget might be required for gifts to be distributed , plant for that.
- Honeymoon: Everyone dreams for a lavish honeymoon. It is really important to estimate the budget before finalizing the destination. In advance, buy a wedding and travel insurances. Making bookings at the hotels, flights, etc. all need to be estimated.
- Other Expenses: Weddings come with so many unplanned expenses. It is really important to keep some budget to handle such situations.
- Guest List: Maintains a record of the guests that are to be invited to the wedding. Addresses and the number of people who would be coming. You get a summary of the invitations that are accepted/rejected / not responded. Eating preferences of the guest are also noted to help in deciding the menu. The guest list is segregated into male and female category. A record of the Thank You cards that were sent is also available.
- Contact List: stores the information of all the important contacts that are helping in the wedding preparation. The table shows the role of each person along with the address and contact details.
Out of the 14 sheets the stationery, ceremony, reception, transport, Photos & Videos, Flowers, Gifts, Honeymoon & others and Other Expenses pages gives the lump sum estimated budget allowance for each category and the breakage into the estimated, actual, paid to date and left to pay amount for each job. Planning a wedding in advance removes the glitches at the last moment and makes it a memorable and lavish affair.
We recommend you not to change or delete the pre-defined formulas of the template. By doing so the entire template would get altered as the various fields have interconnected formulas and the results in such a scenario would be doubtful.
Function used in template
- COUNTIF(range, criteria)
- SUM(number1, [number2], [number3], [number4], ...)
- IF(logical_test, value_if_true, [value_if_false])