Want to save yourself from overspending on the Christmas festivities?
Christmas brings with it, a series of celebrations, parties, gifts, etc. Spreadsheet123 has this really simple template called the Christmas Budget to track all spending. Budget is an integral part of Christmas and if you plan ahead then you could cherish the memories for the entire year. Typically all of us buy a lot of gifts for family and friends. Template calculates the budget allocated on the actual cost of the items. Difference shows the shortfall or abundance of the budget.
To give a clear understanding about the shortfall or abundance in the allocated budget the table displays the results along with a Down arrow and an Up arrow respectively.
Christmas Budgetfor Excel® 2003+
How to use Christmas Budget Template
Christmas Budget is a single page template that can be used to monitor your spending. Enter the list of people you wish to buy gifts for; allocate a separate budget for every individual. Enter the actual amount that was spent on the purchasing of the gift. The table automatically populates the differential amount. On the top of the sheet, it displays the number of gifts purchased out of the total gifts that are required to be purchased.
You can also plan budget for gift wrapping materials which includes wrapping paper, ribbons, gift bags, gift bows, scotch tape, etc. The table calculates the difference between the allocated budget and the actual budget for each item separately and also calculates the net difference of that particular category.
The table has been divided into various kinds of categories on which people tend to spend. The categories are:
- Gifts: list of peoples who you want to give gifts on this Christmas along with an allocated budget.
- Gift Wrapping Supplies: budget allocation for ribbons, gift wrappers, gift bags, etc.
- Postcards: sending postcards to friends would require a budget for printing, envelops, stamps, etc.
- Decoration: a lot of decorations are involved in a Christmas right from decorating the tree, hanging decoration lights both indoor and outdoor, ornaments, etc.
- Christmas Food &apm; Drinks: the party aura is all around during Christmas. Budget allocation for party food, drinks, eating out, etc. also needs to be set.
Once all the categories receive the data for the amount actually spent, the sheet automatically calculates the net actual amount available to be spent and the estimated additional amount required. The difference of both the amounts gives the abundance or shortfall. This one sheet for planning Christmas budget can certainly save you from loads of stress, so plan ahead.
We recommend you not to change or delete the pre-defined formulas of the template. By doing so the entire template would get altered as the various fields have interconnected formulas and the results in such a scenario would be doubtful.
Function used in template
- SUM(number1, [number2], [number3], [number4], ...)
- IF(logical_test, value_if_true, [value_if_false])