Have you planned your retirement?
We work all our life to secure our family. It is very important to plan for our own future. Have you thought that how would your daily needs are going to be fulfilled post retirement? Where would the funds come from? Spreadsheet123 has a powerful template for planning a retirement budget.
The sheet enables us to use our resources judiciously. A lot of factors need to be kept in mind while planning for the retirement like inflation, earnings, and interest earned on savings account, rents received on property, etc. Template has following two sheet that help us estimate a retirement budget: Retirement Budget and Budget for Inflation.
The Retirement Budget sheet maintains the records of the earnings and spending on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis. The spreadsheet helps you plan a secure and modest future.
Retirement Budget Plannerfor Excel® 2003+ & Google Docs
Using Retirement Budget Template
Retirement Budget sheet is broken into various sub-sections to record the types of spending and earnings. The first section helps to calculate the Number of Years available for us to plan the retirement. Enter your Today's Age, Age of Retirement and the sheet automatically calculates the years available to plan for the retirement. The sheet has sub-sections to record the expenses on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually basis. Net amount for each section is also maintained separately. Following sections are there to record information in an organized manner:
- Retirement Income Sources: mentions the sources from which the income would be earned at the time of retirement like Social Security Income, Company Pension, Investments, Rental Income, Annuity Income and other retirement plans.
- Housing Cost: describes the housing related expenses like rent, maintenance, repairs, and insurance and real estate taxes.
- Personal Expenses: record information for managing your expenses like grooming, clothing, holidays, auto-expense, auto insurance and others.
- Daily Living Expenses: a lot of expenses are of the day to day type like groceries, entertainment, utilities and telephone.
- Medical Expenses: As you grow old medical complications might occur hence set aside a budget for prescription drugs and medical insurance.
- Summary: displays the summarized results for annual retirement income required, estimated incomes and the shortfall.
The Budget for Inflation sheet is used to calculate the amount considering the rate of inflation that would add each year. It records for the years after retirement, annual budgeted expense and the cumulative value required after the retirement age. You can set an expected inflation rate and the table would automatically calculate the annual budget and the cumulative amounts at the given inflation rate for each year after retirement. Planning a retirement is far more important than any bother event. At retirement the resources are limited and the expenses are indefinite, and if we have planned a retirement well in advance, we can spend our retirement enjoying.
We recommend you not to change or delete the pre-defined formulas of the template. By doing so the entire template would get altered as the various fields have interconnected formulas and the results in such a scenario would be doubtful.
Function used in template
- SUM(number1, [number2], [number3], [number4], ...)
- IF(logical_test, value_if_true, [value_if_false])