Free Price Quote Template
Providing a Price Quotes is essential for some businesses to achieve an agreement between two parties, prior to provision of service, delivery of products or sometimes both, which is normally considered as a legal document, when accepted by the customer and then usually transferred in to an invoice. Derived from our basic invoice this free price quote template provides a simple and yet effective way to create, manage and track quotations for your customers.
If you are already using our Free Invoice Template you would probably appreciate that we have kept the same design in our price quote template for a purpose, to make it easier when customizing to your company's corporate style. Of course the nature of some businesses may require perhaps something little more advanced than the simple price quote template like for example the sales quote with orientation towards a product sale, which is designed in line with our Sales Invoice and available for download as an addition to it. As for the Service Invoice we have also gone ahead and created a service quote for hourly work, that you can download as an addition to it.
Below on this page I have provided a short instruction on how to customize and use this price quote.
Price Quote Templatefor Excel®, OpenOffice & Google Docs
Three main points about this free Price Quote Template:
This spreadsheet is designed in accordance with our free Invoice Template, which means that creating invoices will be much easier when using this this price quote.
Just like an invoice, this template also contains two different formats (portrait and landscape) on separate worksheets, both of which can change colour by selecting it from the drop down menu to give more flexibility when customizing to your corporate style.
Few minor modifications such as swapping some labels from "Invoice" to "Quote" and adding a Quote/Project Description box, which can be used to describe the project, when price quote contains both products and/or services to deliver (eg. delivery and installation of a computer equipment). We have also added a signature strip, which customer must sign to accept the price for products and services and any terms or conditions described in your price quote.
by Alex Bejanishvili of Spreadsheet123.com
Using this Price Quote Template
Customizing template to your corporate style.
Update all necessary fields with your company information.
1. Change all values in the square brackets [...] - values applicable to your company need to be replaced with your company information.
2. Company Logo or Name - insert your company logo by going to your menu Insert > Picture > From File or simply type your company name.
3. Date - this field contains formula to display today's date, which you can delete or type over it if necessary to display any other date.
4. Valid Until - this particular field is only specific for a price quote, which will display the date of validity of the price provided in the price quote.
5. Quote # - just like an invoice, the price quote should also have a reference number, which can be used for tracking all price quotes and also for creating an associate invoices for your customers.
6. Customer ID - Customer ID is usually used to identify your frequent customers that you already hold an information about.
7. Special Notes and Instructions - To provide your customers with more information related to the price quote, which could be a terms of delivery, payment or any instructions such as where to send accepted price quote.
8. Discount - Discount is one of the best way to attract customer buying from you instead of buying from others. You can provide discounts for various reasons such as discount for a large quantity of products or for delivery or for a first purchase. You can explain of the reason of the discount in Special Notes and Instructions.
9. Tax Rate - Change the tax rate to the required rate.
10. Contact Person - Update the values in the square brackets with name and contact phone number of the person responsible for providing price quotes, which could be your customer service or a sales representative.
11. Contact Information - Change the contact information at the bottom of the page (eg. Phone, Fax, e-mail, postal address) to the relevant information of your company.
Saving you Customized Price Quote.
Once you finish customizing your template, you can save it as a standard .xls file, but I personally recommend to save the updated document as price-quote-template.xlt file any preferred folder on your computer (Eg. My Documents > Invoices). Doing this will prevent you from saving unnecessary for a template customer information and details of the price quote, instead you will be asked to save your prepared quote as a new file with new name.
Printing and Sending your Price Quote.
You can print your saved price quote on the standard printer, then send it by mail service, which is a pretty slow process and may also cause you in loss of a valuable time and customer, therefore I would recommend printing it as PDF, with help of a PDF conversion software like Adobe® Acrobat or similar, which if you have one of course, usually will be displayed as a separate printer in a Devices and Printers panel of your computer, and then sent by email to a customer. I would not suggest sending an excel file, which may contain some valuable information like names and addresses of the other customers or the price list or a stock-list for example, which you would not want to share with others.
Tracking and Managing your Price Quotes.
Managing and tracking your saved price quotes is very similar to managing invoices, therefore I recommend reading my invoicing article, where I have tried to provide an answer to the most frequently asked questions and which may give you a pretty good ideas about managing and tracking your price quotes and invoices.
If you don't see the question that bothers you or you would like to make a suggestion, you can just contact us.