Do you face a daily challenge of creating multiple written quotations?
Spreadsheet123's Price Quote Template is just the right template for you, if you are dealing with multiple quotations every day. This template simplifies the generation of accurate and simple quotes. You can now publish and send the quotation to the concerned party, within seconds.
Typically, a perfect quote needs to provide some basic information like:
- It needs to clearly define the net price that would be incurred while carrying out the work.
- Provide a detailed list and price for each work
- Specifies clearly that what all is covered in the quotation and what is excluded
- Date till which the current quotation is valid
- Companies and customer contact details
- Terms & Conditions for the quotation if any
Quote template is comprehensive template and it includes all the above mentioned details. This easy to use template comes in two different formats: Portrait and Landscape.
If the customer accepts the quote then it needs to be officially signed and sent back via e-mail, fax, mail, courier, etc. to confirm the acceptance.
Price Quote Templatefor Excel® 2003+ & Google Docs
Using Quote Template
This template has a settings page that acts like a mini database and stores all the company details that would get automatically populated on the Quote. You can select enable or disable option from the drop down menu to either print the company name or slogan on the top or not. There is an option to select a color scheme for the quote; you can select the preferred color through the design picker. You can also record the Company Address on the settings page and this saves you from re-typing the address on every Quote. This page also has pre-defined country setting like any applicable tax that the country levies and the currency in which the Quote needs to be published.
It also includes two sheets, named as "Price Quote" and "Price Quote(Lanscape)". The first sheet has a portrait layout and the other one is in landscape layout. You can use the format as per your preference. Both the sheets has the company details and the logo on top with the company address that populates, automatically. A few other fields that needs to be recorded are required:
- Quote Date - enter the date on which the quote is created and sent
- Valid Until - specify the date till which the current quote would be valid
- Quote # - provide each quotation a unique number this helps in easy tracking of quote
- Customer ID every customer has a unique customer ID
- Customer Address - enter the address of the customer to whom the quote is being raised
- Quote/Project Description - specify any special conditions or points to be mentioned regarding the quote (any kind of inclusions or exceptions)
- Special Notes/ Instructions - enter instructions pertaining to quote like if the quote is acceptable then send it using fax, email, etc.
- Terms & Conditions - mention any important points like payment terms, confirmation terms, etc.
- Contact Person - mention the details of the person who needs to be contacted if the customer wants any kind of clarification
- Company Address - company address populates from the settings page automatically
The price quote worksheet has a table that clearly describes the services, items details, etc. along with its quoted price. The sub-total for the entered list of task is automatically calculated. You can specify the discount value if any and the VAT/Tax percentage, etc. The page automatically calculates the VAT/Tax percentage amount and the Total Quotation value with help of pre-defined formulas. Once all the details are correctly filled you can take a print of the quote or can convert it into a PDF file and mail to the customer for approval.
Price Quote with Hourly Rate
This modification helps to create price quotes based on the hourly rate that you charge per hour of work. This template is especially useful when you need to give a price for various tasks of the project each of which requires involvement of different human resources with different hourly rates.
Price Quote with Price List
Price Quote template that includes Price List (on separate worksheet). You can create a catalogue of every product that your company has to offer and then simply select desired products from the drop-down list when creating a price quote. Product catalogue number as well as product price is automatically entered for you when product is selected.
Function used in template
- SUM (number1, [number2, ... number_n])